- Designed for commercial applications
- Control panel informs about water condition
- Approved for outdoor use
- Ideal for any undercounter or bar application
A glass of whisky or a bourbon will neither look good or taste good without gourmet ice in it. The gourmet ice will not only make the drink look good but its slow melting nature will not dilute your drinks, like other types of ice cubes do.
The Scotsman CU50GA-1A is perfect for those who wish to make gourmet ice on hand for their home bars. It is rightly one of the best under-counter ice machines for your home.
Scotsman CU50GA-1A Specs
The Scotsman CU50GA-1A is capable of making 65 lbs of ice per day. Which is more than what you will need but will come in handy when you are hosting a few guests. It’s ice bin can hold up to 26 lbs of ice at time.
Remember if you leave the ice in the bin for long periods of time, it will start melting. As this machine is only insulated not refrigerated. It is advised to transfer ice cubes to your freezer for longer storage.
The CU50GA-1A produces gourmet ice cubes which are crystal clear, all of them are 1” long, 1.25” thick, and cylindrical in shape. The ice produced by CU50GA-1A is hard and dense, because of which its melting point is low, hence you can enjoy all your favourite beverages without them being diluted at a fast pace. And it is recommended to use clean potable water, to ensure best quality ice.
Its WaterSense technology, can easily detect hard water conditions and purge mineral laden water, ensuring both quality of the ice being produced and efficiency of the machine by increasing its longevity. The technology preserves the flavour profile of your beverages and eliminates contamination. By automatically eliminating mineral dense water in every harvest cycle, the unit itself reduces the amount of needed cleaning.
The Scotsman CU50GA-1A has a built in pump and a 10-inch drain tube, which can expel water really fast and efficiently. This is a gravity drain model; hence it is recommended that you install it near a floor so that you can easily direct its drain hose to expel all liquid.
With its reversible door, you can install the Scotsman CU50GA-1A anywhere you need. This unit produces crystal-clear, odourless, mineral-free and slow melting ice cubes ideal to supply at your parties, offices or barbecues.
It is recommended that you clean the machine on a regular basis. As this will prevent cubes from acquiring a stale or plastic taste. Although with WaterSense technology you don’t need to maintain it too much but yes, it advisable to clean your machine on a regular basis.
With a 15-inch base, this unit is perfect fit for tight spaces. This unit is UL approved for outdoor use.
A very easy to use machine. Its control panel consists of On / Off and cleaning buttons. There are indicators to remind you to clean your machine and an indicator to let you know that no water is coming in the machine while in use.
Please note that this unit does not come with a water supply lines and it must be purchased separately.
Scotsman CU50GA-1A Manual & Installation Tips
- The unit will operate efficiently within specified temperature limits; Min 50 degrees F and Max 100 degrees F; but will work best between 70-80 degrees F
- The unit must be connected to the following before you start producing ice:
- Be connected to cold, potable water
- Be connected to a drain
- Be able to circulate air through the air vents present at the front
- Be connected to proper power supply
- The recommended water supply tubing is ¼ inch OD copper.
- To maximize ice storage capacity, you can use the scoop to level the ice in its storage bin, especially within the first two days of operation.
- Never keep anything in the storage ice bin, except ice.
- The unit has 5 components that will need regular cleaning: outside cabinet and door; ice storage bin; ice making system; condenser; ice scoop.
- It is advisable to sanitize the ice storage bin on a regular basis, you can use 1 ounce of household bleach and 2 gallons of hot water and make a sanitizing solution at home for this purpose
- The fins and tubes of the condenser can be clogged with dirt and lint, you can vacuum the surface and remove all dust and lint from the condenser, just be cautious and do not dent the fins
- Drain pump models should have ½ gallon of RV antifreeze poured into the ice storage bin drain for increased efficiency; please do not use any automotive antifreeze
- To remove scale, you can use Scotsman ice-machine scale remover (easily available from a local dealer or distributor) and pour it into the ice machine reservoir
- To sanitize the bin please use EPA approved food equipment sanitizer
Scotsman CU50GA-IA Specifications:
- Production capacity – 65 lbs/day
- Storage capacity – 26 lbs
- Dimensions – 14.9” wide x 22” deep x 34.4” height
- Weight – 100 lbs
- Type of ice – clear gourmet ice cubes
- Ice size – large
- Installation type – under-counter
- Warranty – 1 year limited; 5-year compressor
- Refrigerant – R-134a
- Ice bin included