The best kegerators for sale that are available in the market are available in multiple shapes and sizes.
They can be purchased, built using a refrigerator or obtained on rent.
Kegerators minimize the wastage of beer and are good for keeping beer fresh for long duration.
What is a Kegerator?
A kegerator in its simplest form is nothing but a modified refrigerator whose main function is to store and dispense kegs.
Kegerators are the preferred choice of people who wish to have their beer or other drinks stored at the perfect temperature.
When literally translated, the word kegerator simply means that it is a refrigerator with a protruding tap that is connected to a keg inside.
Let us take a look at some of the popular kegerator models that are currently available in the market today:
1. EdgeStar KC2000TWIN Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser – Black
When one plans to take his pick from the best kegerators for sale, he or she cannot miss the Edgestar KC2000TWIN full size dual tap kegerator. This is one of the best beer keg refrigerator which presents a perfect value for money.
It comprises of an inexpensive yet imported refrigerator with commercial grade NSF approved beer lines. This device enables you to save full sized half shell Sankey standard keg. However the Edgestar KC2000 model does not support the storage of Coors, Miller rubberized or other oversized kegs.
It further supports a temperature range of low 300s to mid 40s.It has rolling casters and protective floor plate for easy transfer of the device from one place to another. External Dimensions of this device are 48 1/2 x 20 1/10 x 24 13/16.The manufacturer provides a warranty period of 90 days on the device and 1 year on the parts of the kegerator.
It has a pressure gauge that is easy to read. This further makes it easier to use. It has a stainless steel dual faucet that is fitted on top of the kegerator. It also comes with a drip tray that is helpful in catching dripping draft beer. This prevents it from spilling.
This device is hence the preferred choice of beer aficionados according to edgestar kc2000 review
• Easy to Assemble
• Adjustable shelves
• Aesthetically brilliant
• Noiseless operation
• It cannot accommodate different keg sizes
2. Keggermeister KM2800BK Kegerator Full-Size Single-Tap Beer Refrigerator and Dispenser, Black – best kegerator for home use
According to most of the kegerator reviews 2017, this device is considered to be the best. This is the preferred choice of home brewers and people who wish to invest in a good kegerator for their household. It is highly versatile as it is a full size kegerator which is ideal for use in homes as well as for commercial purpose. It is also economical and the price range is similar to other kegerators comprising of similar features.
It is visually appealing with its sleek body and classic features. It has a Black matte finish with a Black tower and a chrome spout. The kegerator top has a metal guard tail which prevents cups and other accessories that are commonly stored on the top from falling. One can move it around easily around the house during house parties. It has rolling casters beneath the device which prevents it from scratching the floors. It can also double up a s a pony kegerator when the need arises as the device is well designed to accommodate full size kegs, pony kegs and 2.5 gallon kegs.
Usually having a kegerator at home helps in storing homebrews. This one of the primne reasons why people invest in a kegerator. It saves the tome of bottling the beer as well. The Keggermeister has an external LCD temperature gauge as well as a dual gauge regulator to monitor the PSI and how much CO2 is remaining in the cylinder. The Keggermeister should be switched on for a couple of days before storing beer in it and again after placing the beer kegs one should wait for a minimum of 3 days to avail of its optimum functionality. The device is able to chill beer at 35 degrees which is the best temperature that can be obtained. Hence this is an ideal choice for household purpose.
• It comes with a 2.5lb CO2 tank
• It makes very little noise
• Ideal for households
• Keeps beer fresh for 3 months
• It has a single tap and can fit one 1/6 barrel only
Which Kegerator should I buy for outdoors?
3. EdgeStar KC3000SS Full Size Kegerator with Digital Display – Black and Stainless Steel
This is a wonderful addition for a family where people love to enjoy few chilled beers now and then. It is a free standing model that is considered to be one of the best outdoor kegerator. This will turn out to be the ideal choice and one is sure to get a lot of praise from friends and family on buying this model in the outdoor kegerator sale. This edgestar outdoor kegerator offers a digital display which makes it easy to adjust temperatures according to the climatic conditions and a family’s requirement. Even if one prefers to buy a used outdoor kegerator, he should go for this model without second thoughts.
Edgestar kegerator KC3000 has several other unique features like drip tray which prevents beer from spilling and creating a mess within the house. It also has a guard rail for easier storage options. The casters make the device easily portable. The device can be easily wheeled in and out of the house without causing any scratches or dents on the floor. It can house half-barrel, Corny, sixth-barrel, and slim quarter kegs. This kegerator best buy can be easily converted into a fridge when you do not have beer kegs lying around. It has wired racks which are designed exclusively for the purpose. No wonder then that the device has emerged as the best edgestar keg beer dispenser sold by living direct. It also has a stainless steel kegerator which is slightly expensive but looks great and is easy to maintain.
It further has a unique quick chill mode which can rapidly cool a new keg with just the touch of a button. This feature when used sends the compressor into a overdrive thereby aiding you to enjoy some of the coolest beers in the comfort of your home. The device further comes with a 1 year warranty. The manufacturer has provided a 90 day warranty on the parts with labour covered.
• Easy to assemble and operate
• Unique quick chill mode
• Comes with a 1 year warranty
• Has only a single tap
4. Kegco Single Tap Freestanding Beer Dispenser
This is a solid device and is the preferred choice of people when it comes to choosing between Edgestar vs Kegco. The top portion of this kegerator has a pouring station or glass rack where one can store glasses and enjoy having chilled beer throughout the house or within a commercial establishment.
The device is sturdy and is huge on customer service. At 3200 therms, the commercial grade compressor of this device is the most powerful in its class. It delivers very good cooling and is one of the best among its peers. It is one of the best under counter kegerators that can provide a seamless look in the bar, restaurant or a tasting room. It is the best outdoor under counter kegerator that has features like forced air refrigeration and air cooled draft tower. This ensures even and efficient cooling which helps you to enjoy chilled beer during any time of the day.
This kegerator is versatile enough and can be also used to serve other drinks apart from beer like coffee, Kombucha or wine. This means that one can serve drinks that need chilling over a wide range of temperatures. This is one of the best kegerator Walmart that has additional features like commercial grade dual gauge regulator, corrosion resistant electric red CO2 tank and locking casters. 5lb Aluminium Co2 Tank, a Single Gauge Regulator, a Sankey Keg Coupler, and a 15″ Chrome Plated Metal Draft Beer Tower that will impress any Beer Aficionado. The Sankey Keg Coupler is designed to fit most of your favourite Domestic beer kegs.
The device further has two wired shelves that allow you to easily convert this single tap Kegerator into a fully-fledged refrigerator. The device has the capacity to store a full sized keg. This makes it the ideal choice for houses and commercial establishments.
• It the best device for households
• Vast space for storing kegs
• Sturdy build
• Easy to set up
• Drinks leak on the floor sometimes as there is no tray
5. EdgeStar KC1000SS Craft Brew Kegerator for 1/6 Barrel and Cornelius Kegs
This device is considered to be one of the top selling kegerator. This is considered to supply one of the best craft beers for keg. This is not too bulky and is good for small spaces. Its compact design makes it best suited for households. This compact sized device is able to fit only one sixth barrel or a single Cornelius keg. The device can only hold a loaded CO2 tank apart from the small keg.
It is however considered to be one of the best kegerators for sale that can keep the craft brew cold and ready to serve at all times. One can simply purchase kegs for sale and house them in this for optimum chilling. It has an exclusive internal circulation fan which aids in keeping beverages at temperatures as low as 32F without freezing them. One can store the best beers for a summer party using this device. This device also comes in handy while serving the best keg beer for wedding.
The solid stainless steel door combined with the blue LED interior lights and digital thermostat provide a modern and sleek appearance that compliments any room. Kegerator costco also has a lock which keeps the brew kegs protected kegs and secure. The Edgestar KC1000SS has a drip tray that prevents unwanted overflows of the beer. This kegerator for sale available in leading ecommerce portals and retail chains is the recommended choice of experts who wish to drink beer at very cool temperatures.
• Internal circulation fan for keeping beverages below 32F
• Drip tray
• The device can be locked
• It cannot hold kegs of various sizes
6. EdgeStar KC2000 Full Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler
Edgestar KC2000 Full size Kegerator is counted to be one amongst the best kegerators for sale. It looks like a converted mini fridge and is also a UL approved conversion refrigerator. It looks appealing at first glance and hence people who have a good taste are the first ones to pick it up as it can enhance the interiors of a house or a commercial establishment. This best kegerator has a protective metal floor plate that is secured to the bottom of the appliance. This prevents scratches on the floor or the device which is a common occurrence while one tends to move the device. This makes it durable.
It further has four casters or roller wheels are essential for the easy mobility of the device. One can keep transporting the device over the entire length and breadth of the house without any mobility issues. It has a low temperature thermostat that can help in keeping the beer chilled. The temperatures can drop to levels way beyond 30Cs resulting in ultra low temperatures. It can undoubtedly be considered the best keg cooler out there.
This kegerator for sale has a width which is 4 inches less than a standard full size kegerator but it still happens to be large enough to hold a full sized keg. It is hence considered a great choice for compact spaces and for people who have tighter gaps where one can fit in the device. There is more internal space because the gas tank is externally mounted at the back of the unit. One can thus easily get kegs for sale and place them inside the device. It has an easy to read gauge attached, this enables one to keep track of the tank pressure. Assembly generally takes an average of between 30 minutes to 1 hour which is considerably lesser compared to other devices in the range.
• It can be used as a refrigerator also
• Can achieve very low temperatures
• Can support a full sized keg irrespective of its compact size
• Does not support oversized kegs
7. KRUPS and HEINEKEN B100 BeerTender with Heineken Draught Keg Technology, Black
This is considered to be one of the best draught beer kegerator available currently. The device has been manufactured under the collaboration of two of the best world leaders namely a company called Krups which is a reputed name in the sector that deals with the manufacture of household appliances and Heineken which does not need any introduction. Heineken is the leader in the manufacture of European premium imported beer.
This is undoubtedly one of the best kegerators for sale that is currently making waves in the market. This is one of the best kegerator that is considered to be a God send by beer lovers. One no longer has to go out to grab a few beers in the midst of an interesting football match. This is an easy to use kegerator that is quite lighter on the pocket as well. The device occupies minimal space but comprises of tap, hose, fridge, drill, faucet, CO2 tank, CO2 regulator and a detachable keg.
This kegerator available for sale is designed to release CO2 every time the tap associated with the device is opened. This further ensures that the beer remains fresh for a time duration nearing 30 days. It further has a silent cooling system which maintains optimum temperatures up to 37.4 degrees F.
• Maintains beer at a constant temperature of 37.4 degrees F
• Ultra-quiet and efficient Peltier cooling system
• Compact in size
• Keeps beer fresh for 30 days after tapping
• Works only with Heineken range
8. Nostalgia KRS2100 5.1 Cubic-Foot Full Size Kegerator Draft Beer Dispenser
This is a dual tap kegerator that features a full size 5.1 Cu, feet capacity. It further has a spring loaded tap which makes dispensing easier. This is considered to be one of the best kegerators for sale. It incorporates the American Sankey “D” double tap system and double meter regulator which makes the beer flow with ease. It is ideal for backyard barbecues, rec rooms or in the man cave.
It is an entry level kegerator which supports kegs in standard size only. The Nostalgia kegerator has a 13-inch black tap tower with a drip tray and chrome guard rail to protect against spillage and accidents. It comes with an empty 2.5 lb CO2 tank and casters to easily roll across the floor. The stainless steel drip tray can be easily cleaned up for better convenience.
• Spring loaded for easier pull and dispensing system’
• It has a double meter regulator
• Stainless steel removable drip tray
• Double meter regulator
• Supports only standard kegs
9. Nostalgia KRS6100SS 6.1 Cubic-Foot Full Size Double Tap Stainless Steel Draft Beer Dispenser
This device runs on two pony kegs. Hence it can be easily called a pony keg refrigerator. The device is large and has 6.1 cubic foot capacity. It features a spring loaded tap that can be easily pulled and released. It comprises of two American Sankey “D” tap systems. It has an adjustable thermostat whose main function is to keep the beer at optimum temperature.
It comprises of two keg couplers which can fit into D – system keg valves. Its door is made of stainless steel which is further painted Black to add to the visual appeal of the device. It includes an empty 2.5 pound CO2 bottle and double meter regulator.
This is currently one of the best kegerators for sale that is available in the market. A stainless steel removable drip tray which is provided with the device prevents beer from spilling all over a single large wire shelf is built inside this best kegerator. This comes handy in converting the device into a refrigerator when no kegs are available or you want to store some household goods. This kegerator for sale can also function as a true outdoor kegerator.
You can drag the device throughout the house or any commercial establishment without any breakage to the floor or scratches on the device all thanks to the casters. These are nothing but wheels which help in the movement of the device irrespective of the flooring. The front wheels of the device can be locked whenever the Kegerator has to be placed in a fixed place. On releasing the lock again the device can become free to move everywhere. The Nostalgia device has a spring loaded tap which facilitate easy dispersal of beer.
• Double meter regulator
• Adjustable thermostat for better temperature control
• Casters for easy mobility
• Spring loaded taps
• It cannot house larger kegs
10. Fizzics Original. Portable Beer System with Fizzics Micro-foam Technology for a Bottle to Draft Experience
Fizzics has emerged as one of the best kegerator of all times. This one such amazing and new device in the market which has the capacity to turn store bought beer into draft beer without a keg or a gas cartridge.It is extremely light in weight and hence one can carry it around making it one of the most preferred kegerators for sale. The device is found to be compatible with most of the bottles, cans and growlers that are currently available in the market.
It runs on AA batteries unlike the conventional kegerators. The only drawback is that the batteries need to be changed at regular intervals and the hose has to be rinsed. The device is mainly designed to suit the tastes of beer aficionados. It makes the beer tastier by turning it foamy and creamy. Its best, actually, if you’re a casual beer drinker and want a way to show off to guests and smoothen out the bitter edges in your beverage.
Fizzics resembles a blender and hence can be easily placed on the countertop. It saves you from the hassles of using power cords or connecting wires. It weighs just 3.5 pounds and is easy to assemble as well. The Fizzics kegerator is portable and compatible with cans and bottles of all sizes.
• Enhances the flavor and taste of all beer types
• Does not require gas, cylinders or any other external parts
• Can be carried every where
• Light in weight
• It is noisy
• It runs only on batteries
Some of the best kegerators available in the market these days enable people to store beer for as long as six months. The best kegerator for home use initially made its appearance in the 1980s.
This was introduced to help home brewers who often had to store huge quantities of beer for a longer period of time.
There are giant four tap kegerators with built in ice machines, but most are of a smaller variety, designed to fit behind a home bar, along with the under the table ice machine, mini fridge, wine cooler, dishwasher, and even the sink.
Accessories such as wine glass racks, custom made beer coasters and cozies, drying racks for your custom screen-printed shot and pint glasses, bottle openers and specialty corkscrews are all available now for home bars.
The main function of kegerator is to keep beer chilled at an optimum temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. This is considered to be the ideal temperature at which beer when served retains its brilliant taste without foaming around. The most enticing part of owning a kegerator is its cost saving feature. A kegcan store large amounts of cold beer and many kegerators have been found to save up to 60% on costs when compared to the same amount of volume in cans and bottles. Cost savings can be much higher in certain brands of beer.
A kegerator conversion kit is also available these days which can help people who want to conve5rt their existing refrigerator into a beer dispensing kegerator. This happens to be an economical solution in cases where the concerned persons already own a refrigerator. But before indulging in buying a kegerator conversion kit, one should check if their refrigerator is well equipped to hold a keg. Even though kegerators are designed with the sole purpose of dispensing beer, they are also slowly gaining popularity for dispensing other types of drinks such as wine, cold brewed coffee, kombucha and soda. Home brew kegs enable you to dispense whatever liquid you want. But one should be aware of the fact that different types of liquids require different alterations to the dispense system.
Kegerator Buyer’s Guide
Various brands of kegerators are currently available in the market. One has to choose the kegerator wisely depending on his or her needs. Some of the factors to consider while buying a kegerator are
• Size – When it comes to choosing the kegerator, size matters the most. Both mini and full sized kegerators are currently available in the market. One should choose the best kegerator for home use according to the space available in the home, the amount of beer you want it to hold and the budget. Of these exterior dimensions only can one determine if it can fit in a particular place or not. A freestanding unit that can be rolled from one area to the next can easily adapt to many environments.
• When one plans to buy a built in kegerator, the interiors of the device play an equally important role. When one happens to look for a kegerator for sale, he or she should understand that the majority of kegerators in the market are well suited to hold a full barrel keg or multiple sixth or quarter barrel kegs. But some breweries like Coors and Miller Brewing have a slightly larger barrel which is wider than most of the other brands. This also holds true in some cases of imported brands. Before arriving at a decision, one should also consider if they would require more than one beer on tap at any given time. In such a case one should invest in a dual tap kegerator.
What is the Best Kegerator for the Money?
Cost is another important criterion that should be given a lot of thought while choosing to buy a Kegerator. Mini kegerator can cost as little as $150.On the contrary high end home kegerators cost anywhere up to $1500.Even though the cost of these kegerators vary on the basis of its features one can get a decent model for a price range between $400 to $500.But is you are someone who loves craft beer and tries to choose the best craft beer for keg, it is wise to invest in a higher end model with better features at the end of the day.
• As everyone is aware, beer should be maintained at a constant temperature for it to taste good and feel fresh. The temperature inside should be always maintained at 38 degrees Fahrenheit for beer to last longer. Hence these days Kegerators with digital displays are much in demand. This can come in handy when one is planning to buy a kegerator and use it to store non pressurized beer. The digital displays can help in setting the regulators to maintain the quality of the drink.
• Irrespective of the model you buy, it always requires a certain assembly. But it is good to go for something which can be assembled in a short span of time. One can read the kegerator reviews online and also the manuals that are provided to obtain a fair idea of the assembly process prior to purchasing a kegerator.
• Durability – Kegerators are mostly expected to last for a long period of time once purchased. One should however opt to buy a kegerator from a manufacturer who provides a good warranty period especially when considering the best kegerator for home use. Commercial kegerators are often built with good parts to last for a long time as they are the ones that are most in demand.
• Noise – Kegerators ultimately are nothing but a form of refrigerator. Hence they tend to make noise. But the noise ranges differ according to the model. To know about the one with reduced noise, you should go through the kegerator reviews 2016 and choose the appropriate one.