Coolers are designed to keep food items chilled making them especially very functional and useful for outdoor settings.
Those who love outdoor adventures and activities know how refreshing it is to be able to reach out for a cold drink and this is exactly what a cooler helps them achieve.
There are different types of best coolers with wheels – including indoor and outdoor ones.
Coolers that come with wheels make some of the best, especially for outdoor settings, because the wheels make transporting the coolers to wherever we want pretty easy.
Top 10 Best Coolers with Wheels on the Market Today:
|Igloo Glide PRO Cooler|
(Best Rated in Camping Coolers)
|39.8 x 18.5 x 19.7 in||25.4 lbs|
|Coleman Leak-Resistant||29 x 17.63 x 15.5 in||16.8 lbs|
|Pelican Products ProGear Elite||28 x 12 x 12 in||-|
|Canyon Coolers Mule 30||20.5 x 20.3 x 18.3 in||28.4 lbs|
|MILEE-- Heavy duty Wheeled Cooler 70QT||27.4 x 12.2 x 12.8 in||42.4 lbs|
|Badger Wheels - Single Axle for Yeti Tundra 35-160||22 x 19.5 x 5.3 in||7.85 lbs|
|Igloo Trailmate Journey Cooler||34.6 x 19.7 x 23.6 in||43.5 lbs|
|Coolest Cooler||24 x 19 x 17 in||39 lbs|
|TUNES2GO KoolMAX Cooler|
(with Portable Bluetooth Speakers)
|27 x 21 x 20 in||33 lbs|
|All Terrain Cooler - The Rambler X2||14 x 20 x 10 in||13 lbs|
The best coolers with wheels often come with rugged wheels which can handle any outdoor terrain including rocks, grass and even dirt.
But there are still some that come with smooth wheels ideal for rolling across flat and hard surfaces. The wide range of sizes and shapes make it possible for users to find a unit that is made to serve their needs best.
The wheeled coolers come in handy for camping, hunting, fishing, outdoor concerts, picnics and even backyard barbecues and sporting events.
1. Igloo Glide PRO Cooler (110-Quart, White) – Best Rated in Outdoor CoolersThe Igloo Glide Pro cooler is an attractive and stylish cooler you can take to the beach or the park to enjoy a cold drink.
Just like any other wheeled cooler, the wheels make transportation pretty easy whereas the slide and lock handle makes pulling bliss and offers lots of conveniences when storing.
This cooler comes with rally wheels that are oversized so rolling on any given terrain is easy.
Its ultratherm insulated body and the cool riser technology keep ice for days. The zinc hinges are top quality and bound to serve for a long time.
Worth mentioning is the white paint that manages to reflect most UV light, thus protecting the plastic underneath from degrading.
With the fish scale provides on the lid, this is probably among the best fishing coolers you can buy.
The cooler is large in size, giving enough room to pack all the stuff you need for the trip. The body is well-constructed using polyethylene which could be why it is an affordable cooler.
- The cooler is inexpensive, hence affordable even for those working on a budget.
- The wheels are large enough to make maneuvering easy on any given terrain.
- A good performing cooler that is durable for its price.
- It is large enough to carry plenty of stuff needed on the go.
- White color to keep UV light off the material hence degrading is minimized.
- Easy to use, clean and drain water.
- Horizontal slide and lock handle that is telescopic for lightening lifting loads.
- The body and lid are ultratherm insulated keeping ice for days at 90 degrees.
- Its large size translates into more surface area that is harder to insulate properly. The cooler could fail in keeping all heat out.
- The side handles are made of plastic, hence are not as durable. They are not sturdy enough, especially when lifting the heavy cooler into a trunk or otherwise.
- The materials used for the construction are not as durable.
- The cooler is heavy and can be hard to move it when it is fully loaded.
- Easy to use, clean and drain water.
2. Coleman Leak-Resistant Low CO2 Insulation 62 Qt. Xtreme 5-day Ice Retention Wheeled Cooler
The Coleman 62 Quart Extreme cooler can hold about 85 cans and still have room for ice to keep all cans chilled.
It is a sizeable cooler that will serve your family or friends needs outdoors.
One of the most outstanding features when it comes to this cooler is the lid that can also serve as a seat so you can rest and sit.
The lid can support 250 lbs so you can sit without worrying about damaging the unit.
This cooler has a large handle for towing which makes the pulling easy and for lifting you have the 2 way handles that make even lifting a loaded unit easy.
To reduce carbon emissions, the cooler features low CO2 insulation. It is a cooler ideal for boating and camping among other outdoor activities.
The drain is leak resistance and rustproof; it is designed in such a way that you can drain water without tilting the cooler.
- Very affordable and offers good quality.
- The lid has cup holders, so your drinks do not topple. It also can serve as a seat where you can rest and sit.
- The cooler keeps the ice for days, even when it is hot outside.
- It features Xtreme Technology that offers extra insulation on walls and lid.
- It is large enough to hold tens of cans.
- The wheels are heavy duty for reliable, easy transportation.
- Easy to use drain that is leak resistant
- With too much opening the ice may not last for indicated five days.
- The wheels are not very sufficient in sandy areas like the beaches, and they easily get stuck.
- The cooler handles are a bit small.
3. Pelican Products ProGear Elite Wheeled Cooler
This heavy-duty wheeled cooler will keep your drinks and foods chilled for days, and it is ideal for camping trips and even parties.
The Pelican Elite cooler is certified as bear-resistant, which somehow gives campers’ confidence knowing that their items are safe even when they come into contact with bears on their camping trips.
The two-inch polyurethane insulation and freezer grade gasket make the cooler very effective in keeping stuff cold.
The latches on the cooler are press and pull and are wide for ease of use even when you have your gloves on.
The cooler has stainless steel hardware that is corrosion resistant and secure.
The wheels can handle all types of terrain thanks to their large size. The built-in bottle opener on the side is a useful addition, and you will also love the fish scale if you are going out on a fishing trip.
The handle on it can be adjusted, so you achieve the most comfortable height and you can use the round indents at the bottom to hold your cans when resting.
- The cooler has sloped drain for smooth water removal.
- Wide enough press and pull latches suitable even for gloved use.
- The cooler is bear resistant and extremely durable.
- The wheels are good enough for any terrain and are large for easy rolling even under heavy load.
- This cooler is large and heavy; hence it can be challenging loading and offloading it.
- The size is a little too large, especially for smaller trips.
- It is not very good for long distances on foot because of the weight and size.
4. Canyon Coolers Mule 30 Adventure Cooler (Sandstone)
One of the reasons why this cooler is among the top ten coolers is its impressive ice retention capabilities.
This is all thanks to the 2.7-inch wall insulation that will keep your ice in top condition for days.
The Canyon Mule 30 Adventure cooler has tie-down points that are built in so you won’t have to worry about it rolling all over.
The kayak plastic construction of the cooler offers guarantees to keep everything cool.
Moreover, the construction is food grade and UV resistant making it serve its functions effectively. The manufacturer adds confidence to the unit by offering a Lifetime Warrant something that is truly unheard of.
For easy rolling on any terrain, this cooler features 6-inch wheels that are tough enough.
- Additional features that you will love to enjoy include divider slot to separate your items, a bottle opener that is inbuilt for convenience and the basket offering enough storage for all items you may need for the trip.
- The cooler has strong plastic construction, and the sandstone appearance makes it very attractive.
- It is sizeable enough to serve most trips and comes with a divider to separate items.
- It features pull and push bar latches that are single action
- The design is recessed and sleek, so it fits and also packs easy.
- It has large sturdy wheels for smooth rolling.
- The cooler has thick wall insulation for effective chilling.
- The plastic construction is not as durable.
5. MILEE– Heavy duty Wheeled Cooler 70QT
The Milee 70QT heavy duty cooler comes with free accessories worth $50 making it one of the most valuable coolers you can choose in the market.
The accessories include a cup holder, so your drinks do not topple and pour, cooler dividers making it easy for you to separate the food items according to your cooling preferences; dry items can be separated from those needing ice chilling, and a hanging wire basket that offering convenient storage for other things you may want to take with you.
Most notable about this cooler is the heavy duty Rotomolded construction, making it a very durable unit able to withstand the outdoor elements that would otherwise be destructive.
The construction is indestructible and is made complete by the commercial grade insulation that improves the efficiency of the unit.
Apart from having 7 inch solid wheels that make rolling smooth, this cooler also has non-slip rubber fit, so your worries of unwanted rolling are eliminated.
This is also enhanced by the molded tie-down slots improving stability by great length.
The cooler has a pressure release button that allows ease of opening the box especially when the air pressure inside is different from the pressure outside.
- Sturdy wide wheels for easy rolling in different terrains
- Nonslip rubber feet for smoothness on the go
- 2 convenient bottle openers
- Thickly insulated design for impressive ice retention for days
- Integrated hinge on the lid lock so accidental closure is prevented
- Recessed drain plug or easy flow of water during cleaning
- UV resistance to protect plastic from breaking down caused by exposure to the sun
- The nylon rope handles are not as durable
- The cooler is a bit heavy
6. Badger Yeti Tundra 35-160
If you own Yeti Tundra cooler 35-160, then you will find these Badger Wheels very useful.
They are designed to be compatible with these coolers and are made for strength and durability just like the Yeti coolers.
With the wheels, you can now save your back and enjoy a good grip so you can take the cooler on your boating trip or any other outdoor activity.
The wheels feature stainless steel that makes the corrosion resistant, durable and impressively strong, so you know your rolling needs are catered to for a very long period of time.
Each wheel has sealed steel bearings for smooth rolling, and they are made of polyurethane complete with tread that is aggressive enough to handle any given terrain.
It can be termed as the all-terrain wheel product. Also worth mentioning are the axle pegs which lock wheels to achieve a non-slip effect.
- These Badger Wheels are made using marine grade 316 stainless steel making them durable, strong and resistant to corrosion.
- They are adjustable, so they are compatible with several Yeti Tundra coolers.
- As a result of their strength, they can handle loads as heavy as 500lbs.
- They are perfect for any given terrain thanks to the aggressive tread on the polyurethane wheels.
- The wheels are unfortunately not compatible with other coolers other than those indicated.
7. Igloo Trailmate Journey Cooler
The Igloo Trailmate Journey Cooler is designed spacious enough, so you know that all your packing needs will be easily met no matter the demands of the trip.
It is however very portable thanks to the oversized wheels which are tough enough to tackle terrains that would be challenging for some coolers such as sand.
Its ice retention is running up to four days also makes it very useful even for trips lasting for more than a day.
The media docking slot is probably the most outstanding of all features.
It makes it possible for you to enjoy your favorite ebooks and media files hands-free.
With the butler tray also available keeping your drinks and foods handy is made very easy.
If you are tagging along foldable chairs and towels, the tie down loop makes the process swift and so does the bottle openers that add to the convenience.
As far as performance goes, the Ultra Herm insulated lid and body make the cooler very reliable.
The insulation retains ice so you can enjoy your drinks and sandwiches fresh and cool for days.
There are also accessory holders you can use to support fishing rods and beach umbrellas, so you remain protected during very hot days out there.
- Oversized wheels suitable for all terrains
- Glide handle that can be adjusted and locked for the perfect tow handle height
- Dry storage areas, so you have enough space to safely stash essentials like sunglasses, keys and mobile phone
- Media docking slot for entertainment on the go
- Bottle openers so it is very easy to enjoy refreshments
- Cup holders to secure drinks avoiding spills
- Food basket suspended outside for convenience
- Mobile device stand for phone safety
- Cool riser technology to improve cooling
- The cooler is a little heavy even though it is made of lightweight aluminum
8. Coolest Cooler
This coolest cooler is a multi-functional unit that stands out from the rest because of its built-in ice crushing blender so you can make and enjoy smoothies and cocktails wherever you are.
The blender has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is powerful enough to make your favorite smoothies or cocktails.
The outdoor Bluetooth speaker is another feature that makes the cooler stand unique among other coolers.
The speaker is also designed splash proof, so you do not have to worry when using near a beach or when the weather changes.
For convenience when far from home, this cooler has a built-in USB charger to power your devices including a mobile phone.
There is an LED light on the lid for ease of locating beverages inside the box when it is dark.
Other useful features on the cooler are a ceramic knife, built-in plates, removable divider that can serve as cutting board and corkscrew all of which make the cooler the best for an outdoor party or celebration.
- Stainless steel hinges and axle
- Rubber wheels which are double wide for smooth rolling
- Aluminum telescopic handle to adjust handle weight accordingly
- Sizeable to support over 600lb
- Extra thick insulation offering ice retention for about five days
- Built-in ice crushing blender and outdoor speaker
- Very heavy
- The wine opener is poor in quality
- Lacks tread on wheels, reducing their durability
9. TUNES2GO KoolMAX Cooler – with Portable Bluetooth Speakers & Data StorageJust like the name suggests, the Tunes2go KoolMax cooler makes it possible for you to enjoy entertainment wherever you are.
It is an ice chest that has a Bluetooth speaker, perfect for tailgate parties, sporting events or backyard barbecues.
You can bring the beat wherever you go with this amazing cooler and at the same time enjoy chilled drinks just like you like them.
With the microphone also included, you will not only listen to music, but you can also sing and have fun with friends and family.
It has a considerable capacity enough to hold 48 cans, and the insulation technology will keep them chilled for about three days.
The side handles make loading and offloading easy, and they come complete with bottle openers whereas the heavy duty wheels offer smooth rolling on different terrains.
- Built-in speakers for entertainment wherever
- Versatile options to connect and enjoy the speakers
- Advanced insulation to keep ice for days
- Telescopic handle for easy transportation without straining
- Heavy-duty wheels to support all your trip gear
- Bluetooth connectivity does not work as well
- The side handles are not as sturdy
- Not sizeable enough for large outdoor parties or trips
10. All Terrain Cooler – The Rambler X2 – best of all YETI wheel systems
The Rambler X2 is a wheel system designed to improve Yeti cooler so you can enjoy them more for all your trips outdoor.
Coolers are very useful in keeping drinks chilled, especially on sunny months and when they are wheeled they give you an easy time taking them with you wherever you go without much trouble.
This wheel system is made to be easy to use so you can set it up fast and take it down just as fast using tie-down slots on your Yeti Tundra cooler.
- You actually do not need any nuts and bolts or tools to set it up or take it down!
The system features two axle positions so you can find the best level for cooler when stationery or enjoy higher clearance on rough terrains.
The 8 inch Marathon wheels are maintenance free and work on all kinds of terrains without any issues in any situation like whether and places.
It also has a switch grip telescoping handle that attaches easily to the molded-in handles on your Yeti cooler.
Because it is adjustable, you can find a length that is suitable for you so you can walk and pull in an upright position.
- The wheels are suitable for all kinds of terrains
- The cooler has 8 inch flat wheels offering smooth rolling
- Switch grip handle that can be adjusted to suit user height preferences
- Does not need any tools, bolts or nuts to set up on the cooler
- Double duty lock hook to secure rambler and Yeti to truck or boat
- Rugged aluminum plating shaped to snugly fit the cooler
- The wheels are only compatible with Yeti coolers
- Not as durable as most users would want
8 Things To Consider When Buying A Cooler
1. Cooler Size
Even though the size of your cooler might not have an effect on moving it because it has wheels to make this smooth, the dimensions of the cooler including wheels and handles can be limiting when it comes to transporting from place to place. A unit that is too large can prove challenging placing into the back seat of your car or trunk, hence the need to think about transporting it so you choose a size that will not give you much of a problem.
2. Wheel Type
Your cooler may have wheels, but if they are not the right ones, then you will still have challenges moving it in different given terrains. Consider whether they are large enough to roll smoothly over any surface. Larger wheels are best for rough terrains which are a bit aggressive, whereas small wheels may work perfectly for flat, smooth surfaces. The bearing used should also be considered because this is what will remain exposed to gravel and dirt which can get inside locking up the wheels.
3. Wheel Number
Apart from looking at the type of wheels your cooler has, it is also very important to consider the number of wheels it features. Two wheel coolers are most common and useable, and they function just right, but you can also find some with three wheels or four wheels (It is your choice, based on the trip place you go). When going for a four-wheeled unit, find out whether it sits flat in place and whether you can lock down the wheels, so the cooler does not keep rolling about when you want it to stay still on the ground. Two-wheeled coolers have recessed wheels, so they sit flat when not in use hence no much trouble.
Wheeled coolers will, of course, come with a handle to make it possible for you to pull them along. Considering that they can carry lots of weight depending on their capacity, size and what you have packed, you need a handle that can withstand all the weight. The hinged joint linking the handle and cooler should be strong enough because it remains under tension as you roll the cooler along. Aluminum makes sturdy handles, and it will be even better if they are padded for comfort and strong grip. The handle height also matters; the last thing you want is to crouch all the way to your spot. It is always a good idea to choose a cooler with a telescopic handle that you can adjust according to your height and leverage.
5. Cooler Capacity
The amount of items your cooler can accommodate is very important. You want a unit that can hold as many beverage cans as you might need when away from home. Consider whether it can also carry other stuff you need to keep chilled on the go. Considering that there are so many sizes you can choose from, it should be easy to find one whose capacity is sufficient enough. Some come complete with dividers so you can use the space available for different stuff without ruining some of them.
A cooler will not serve any purpose if it fails to chill your items. It is therefore important to check that the insulation performance is reliable enough when buying a cooler. Tight lid gaskets and sizeable foam insulation are some of the things that can tell you how good the performance is. To enjoy the best experience go for a unit with thick foam insulation, elevated body, airtight construction and gasket that is refrigerator grade. It should also give you an easy time draining water that is no longer useful.
It is a good thing to have a cooler with a capacity that meets your needs, but even better when you have one whose storage space includes dividers and dry-bins. Apart from the ice chilled drinks you want to bring with you, you may also have other food items you wish to carry too, and the dry bins will make this all possible. Dividers ensure that every item remains in its place, especially with all the jostling as the cooler rolls along. With dividers, you can separate dry and ice goods easily and you can consider any other additional storage that can make a difference for your outdoor trips such as in holding cups or blankets.
It trickles down to the materials your cooler is made of. There are lots of options on the market to ensure that you take the time to find out how durable the cooler you are interested in will be. There is always greater value in buying a unit that will serve all your chilling needs for a long time and you, therefore, can’t buy any unit you come across without looking at its durability. Considering that you will be using it outdoors, choose materials that can resist the different outdoor elements impressively. Check out the body construction and quality or any hardware included.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Coolers
- They are very easy to move from place to place without having to bear all their weight to carry
- The wheels make it possible for one person to roll them no matter how heavy they are; no need for assistance moving them to the selected spot
- Coolers with three or four wheels have bodies that are elevated so they sit off the ground away from debris and heat that can interfere with the chilling functionality. Heat transfer is minimized improving ice life
- With the right selection of wheel type and size, the coolers are easy to roll over all kinds of terrains; it is actually even possible to roll them on sandy beaches and rocky terrains without too much effort
- Those with more than two wheels offer easier access to the items they hold because they increase the height of cooler, so you do not have to bend too low reaching for items when the cooler is on the ground
- The wheels end up making the coolers heavier and bulkier. Shaft and tires take up a good amount of space that it can be a challenge placing in your trunk or lifting the cooler off the ground into the car
- Considering that the coolers have moving parts which are the wheels, there is always the risk of them getting damaged or broken. This can be pretty inconveniencing especially when you are left to carry a large cooler using other options like side handles
- Wheeled coolers cost more compared to those that have no wheels. If you are working on a tight budget, you may be forced to settle for smaller ice chest even if you would rather get a bigger one. You may also end up sacrificing quality to stay within your budget.
Wheeled Cooler Buying Tips
If you are buying online, make sure you find as much as possible about the cooler, so you do not end up buying something you do not like. Remember, you do not have the advantage of touching and inspecting the unit, thus the more you know, the easier it will be to make the right choice.
Do not forget to find out what guarantee or warranty the manufacturer has to offer you(It is mandatory). Because the wheels are moving parts, you may also want to consider how easy it will be for you to replace them in case they are damaged. Find out whether you can use compatible wheels from anywhere for your cooler.
The units come in different colors. Whereas to choose a color that you like and find attractive, ensure that it does not in any way compromise the quality you get to enjoy at the end of the day.
Your cooler may have wheels but remember to choose the one you can easily lift off the ground without assistance and without dropping. This way, you will have an easy time, even when packing the cooler in your trunk when it is fully loaded. With so many sizes, there is always a perfect size to match your type of needs.
You must know how to buy the best coolers with wheels before going to purchase. There are thousands of products available on the market and you will get clear idea about what to know and which one is best.
Hopefully, the information given above makes it a bit easier for you to choose the best coolers with wheels.
Related Articles & Guides:
It will not be difficult to choose the best coolers with wheels after reading our buyer's guide and review that will aid you before you purchase a cooler on your budget. We aim that you will get all the help to buy the perfect one for your daily use.